– Directeur de recherche / Directeur de l’Institut / Groupe 7
– Publications – Citation Metrics / ResearchGate / ORCID / Google scholar / Scopus profile
– contact : prénom.firstname.lastname@example.org / poste 2672 (ligne directe 054000+poste)
Competences : Supercritical fluids / Chemistry in supercritical fluids / Near- and supercritical solvo-hydrothermal synthesis / Continuous, sustainable and scalable processes / Advanced materials / Recycling of materials / Material efficiency
Education and scientific position
1994 – 1997 : Engineer’s diploma – Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Toulouse, INP Toulouse, France
1997 : MSc – Science of agroresources, University of Toulouse, France
1997 – 2000 : PhD in Chemical Engineering, Study and activation of oxidation reactions in hydrothermal conditions, Institute of Condensed Matter Chemistry of Bordeaux, CNRS, University of Bordeaux, France, Supervisor : Prof. F. Cansell
2000 – 2002 : Postdoctoral Fellow, Institut für Makromoleculare Chemie, University of Freiburg, Germany, Supervisors : Prof. R. Mulhaupt and Prof. S. Mecking
2002 – 2015 : CNRS Assistant Researcher, Institute of Condensed Matter Chemistry of Bordeaux, CNRS, University of Bordeaux, France
2011 : Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (Tenure), Design of advanced nanostructured materials using supercritical fluids, University of Bordeaux, France
2015 – : CNRS Senior Researcher, Institute of Condensed Matter Chemistry of Bordeaux, CNRS, University of Bordeaux.
Main research topic : chemistry and nucleation & growth in high pressure/high temperature fluids, mainly supercritical fluids, with the development of the associated technologies, for the design and recycling of advanced nanostructured materials.
1) Chemistry driven approach for the synthesis of targeted materials : study of the transformation of metal precursors (home made or commercially available) in different types of near- and supercritical solvents : carbon dioxide, water, alcohols, ammonia, …, and mixture of them. Access to high quality nanostructures (pure phases with high crystallinity) with controlled composition and physico-chemical properties , among the families of metals, metal oxides, oxyhydroxides, nitrides, sulfides and selenides.
2) Development of continuous one pot multi-step processes for advanced materials by design. Association in series or in parallel of near- and supercritical reactors (micro- to millifluidic reactors) to obtain core-shell architectures, supported nanoparticles, tetrapods, in other words, to go towards multifunctional advanced materials.
3) Switch from conventional hydrothermal/solvothermal synthesis (batch mode, from few hours to days) to near- and supercritical hydrothermal/solvothermal synthesis (few tens of seconds) through the increase of kinetics and the use of a continuous process. Access to a new generation of synthetic materials–based on geominerals and metastable phases in the synthesis conditions.
4) Development of recycling technologies of materials-based on the use of near- and supercritical fluids, mainly carbon dioxide, water and water / alcohol mixtures. Recycling of carbon fibers from composites, recycling of aramide and natural fibers from composites, recycling of permanent magnets, recycling of solar cells and delamination of multimaterials.
2018 – present : International Master : Advanced materials innovative recycling (AMIR)
2017 : Lecture Series : Modern methods in heterogeneous catalysis research, Germany
2015 : International School on Nanosciences, France
2010 : Eulasur Summer School, Properties and Applications of Nanomaterials, Argentina
2008 – present : Lycée Michel Montaigne, Bordeaux, France, Physics / Chemistry
2007 : iNano School : “Inorganic nanomaterials”, Denmark
2005 – present : Univ. of Bordeaux, Properties and applications of inorganic materials / Material recycling / Green solvents / Metals in biomedical applications
Scientific production and supervision
143 peer-reviewed articles
8 book chapters
57 invited talks in national or international conferences / 41 invited seminars at foreign universities and scientific board of private companies
Supervision : 22 Postdocs / 24 PhDs / 15 Master Students / 16 Engineers
10 Relevant publications
Heat-triggered Drug Release Systems based on Mesoporous Silica Nanoparticles Filled with a Maghemite Core and Phase-change Molecules as Gatekeepers. J. Liu, C. Detrembleur, A. Debuigne, M.-C. De Pauw-Gillet, S. Mornet, L. Vander Elst, S. Laurent, C. Jerome, E. Duguet, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2, 59–70 (2014)
Playing with solvents in supercritical conditions and the associated technologies for advanced materials by design, C. Aymonier, G. Philippot, A. Erriguible, S. Marre, Journal of Supercritical Fluids, 2018, 134, 184-196 (invited review paper).
Current applications of Life Cycle Assessment and Environmental Risk Assessment to engineered nanomaterials and potentials for further integration, M. Tsang, E. Kikuchi-Uehara, G. Sonnemann, C. Aymonier, M. Hirao, Nature Nanotechnology, 2017, 12, 734–739.
Ultra-fast tobermorite supercritical hydrothermal synthesis under thermodynamically metastable conditions, M. Diez-Garcia, J.J. Gaitero, J.S. Dolado, C. Aymonier, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2017, 56, 1-6.
Fast geomimicking using chemistry in supercritical water, A. Dumas, M. Claverie, C. Slostowski, C. Le Roux, P. Micoud, F. Martin, C. Aymonier, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2016, 55 (34), 9795–10149.
High Yield Synthesis of Aspect Ratio Controlled Graphenic Materials from Anthracite Coal in supercritical Fluids, S. Padmajan, L. Henry, G.Y. Tonga, K. Huang, R. Das, B. Giroire, S. Marre, V. Rotello, A. Pénicaud, P. Poulin, C. Aymonier, ACS Nano, 2016, 10 (5), 5293–5303.
Insights into BaTi1-yZryO3 (0 ≤ y ≤ 1) synthesis under supercritical fluid conditions, G. Philippot, E.D. Bojesen, C. Elissalde, M. Maglione, C. Aymonier, B. Iversen, Chemistry of Materials, 2016, 28 (10), 3391–3400.
Continuous supercritical approach for quantum-confined GaN nanoparticles, B. Giroire, S. Marre, A. Garcia, T. Cardinal, C. Aymonier, Reaction Chemistry & Engineering, 2016, 1, 151-155.
Microfluidic synthesis of palladium nanocrystals assisted by supercritical CO2 : tailored surface properties towards applications in boron chemistry, T. Gendrineau, S. Marre, M. Vaultier, M. Pucheault, C. Aymonier, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2012, 51 (34), 8525-8528.
Near- and supercritical alcohols as solvents and surface modifiers for the continuous synthesis of cerium oxide nanoparticles, C. Slostowski, S. Marre, O. Babot, T. Toupance, C. Aymonier, Langmuir, 2012, 28, 16656−16663.
Synthesis of exciton luminescent ZnO nanocrystals using continuous supercritical microfluidics, Y. Roig, S. Marre, T. Cardinal, C. Aymonier, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2011, 50, 12071-12074.