Personnel Université de Bordeaux
– Chaire de Professeur Junior / Groupe 1
– ORCID / Scopus profile
– contact : prénom.firstname.lastname@example.org / poste 6327 (ligne directe 054000+poste)
Competences : Matériaux électrochromes – Electrochromic materials / Plasmons – Plasmonics / Synthèse colloïdale – Colloidal synthesis / Dépôts en voie humide – Wet coating
Education and scientific position
Since September 2022 : Chaire de Professeur Junior, Université de Bordeaux – ICMCB (FR).
2014-2022 : Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Liège (BE), GREEnMat laboratory, Prof. Rudi Cloots.
2019-2021 : Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, Imperial College London (UK), Department of Materials, Prof. Sandrine Heutz.
2016-2017 : Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher, The University of Texas at Austin (USA), McKetta Department of Chemical Engineering, Prof. Delia Milliron.
2010-2014 : PhD in Chemical Sciences, University of Namur (BE), supervisor Prof. Zineb Mekhalif. Elaboration of tantalum and carbon nanotubes-based coatings on titanium and Nitinol: towards new platforms for osseous biomaterials.
Electrochromics ; Plasmonics ; Photovoltaics ; Energy ; Nanomaterials ; Surface science ; Thin films ; Electrochemistry ; Inorganic chemistry.
My scientific background relates to fundamental chemistry of nanomaterials based on metals, alloys and oxides, under the form of (nano)particles/structures processed into powders, colloids and thin films processed from wet deposition methods, especially through spray coating. My work strongly commits to academic research in physical and inorganic chemistry, surface science and electrochemistry while having strong connections with the industrial sector regarding the design and engineering of functional materials and devices for health, environment and energy applications.
At ICMCB, my research activities focus on developing and studying novel formulations and/or architectures of electrochromic devices. These are based on spin- and spray-coated thin films of doped metal oxide nanoparticles, providing coloration efficiency and durability, high functionality (independent VIS-NIR tunability, multicolored displays, localized surface plasmon resonance…) and self-powering capacities thanks to associated photovoltaic components. Strong collaboration is sustained within the group with A. Rougier, M. Maglione, C. Elissalde, and others.
Prof. R. Cloots (University of Liège, Belgium)
Prof. L. Henrard (University of Namur, Belgium)
Dr. M. Kociak (CNRS – U. Paris-Sud, FR)
Dr. F. Kanoufi (CNRS – U. Paris Diderot, FR)
Prof. S. Heutz (Imperial College London, UK)
Dr. S. Dimitrov (Queen Mary University, UK)
Prof. D. Milliron (UT Austin, USA)
Research centres: CRIBC-INISMa, BE ; Leitat, SP ; Fraunhofer, DE ; VTT, FI …
Industries: AGC Glass, SAGE – Saint-Gobain, NSG Pilkington, HIVISQ, Solvionic, Sono-Tek…
Scientific production and supervision
– 25 articles published / 1 patent
– 2 invited talks in national or international conferences / 4 invited seminars
– 11 oral presentations (author or co-author) / 12 poster presentations
Supervision & mentoring : 3 PhD students (currently 1), 6 Master students.
Sep 2022 – onwards: Chaire de Professeur Junior, Université de Bordeaux, FR
Oct 2020 – Feb 2021: Lecturer in Materials Characterization (MEng), Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) on Plastic Electronic Materials, Imperial College London, UK
Oct 2015 – Sep 2018: Teaching Assistant in Inorganic Chemistry, Bachelor Degree in Sciences, University of Liège, Belgium
Jun 2014 – onwards: Member of PhD thesis committees in Chemical Sciences (3), University of Liège, Belgium
Oct 2010 – onwards: Member of Master theses committees in Chemical Sciences (6), University of Liège & University of Namur, Belgium
Some Relevant publications (total : 25)
- M. Attwood, D. K. Kim, J. H. L. Hadden, A. Maho, W. Ng, H. Wu, H. Akutsu, A. J. P. White, S. Heutz, M. Oxborrow; Asymmetric N-heteroacene tetracene analogues as potential n-type semiconductors; J. Mater. Chem. C 9 (2021) 17073.
- N. Daem, J. Dewalque, F. Lang, A. Maho, G. Spronck, C. Henrist, P. Colson, S.D. Stranks, R. Cloots; Spray-Coated Lead-Free Cs2AgBiBr6 Double Perovskite Solar Cells with High Open-Circuit Voltage, Solar RRL 5 (2021) 2100422.
- A. Maho, M. Lobet, N. Daem, P. Piron, G. Spronck, J. Loicq, R. Cloots, P. Colson, C. Henrist, J. Dewalque; Photonic Structuration of Hybrid Inverse-Opal TiO2—Perovskite Layers for Enhanced Light Absorption in Solar Cells; ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 4 (2021) 1108.
- A. Maho, C. A. Saez Cabezas, K.A. Meyertons, L.C. Reimnitz, S. Sahu, B.A. Helms, D.J. Milliron; Aqueous Processing and Spray Deposition of Polymer-Wrapped Tin-Doped Indium Oxide Nanocrystals as Electrochromic Thin Films; Chem. Mater. 32 (2020) 8401.
- A. Maho, L. Comeron Lamela, C. Henrist, L. Henrard, L.G.H. Tizei, M. Kociak, O. Stéphan, S. Heo, D.J. Milliron, B. Vertruyen, R. Cloots; Solvothermally-synthesized tin-doped indium oxide plasmonic nanocrystals spray-deposited onto glass as near-infrared electrochromic films; Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells 200 (2019) 110014.
- D. Chatzikyriakou, A. Maho, C. Henrist, R. Cloots; Ultrasonic spray pyrolysis as a processing route for templated electrochromic tungsten oxide films; Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 240 (2017) 31.
- J. Denayer, G. Bister, P. Simonis, P. Colson, A. Maho, P. Aubry, B. Vertruyen, C. Henrist, V. Lardot, F. Cambier, R. Cloots; Surfactant-assisted ultrasonic spray pyrolysis of nickel oxide and lithium-doped nickel oxide thin films, towards electrochromic applications; Appl. Surf. Sci. 321 (2014) 61.
- A. Maho, F. Kanoufi, C. Combellas, J. Delhalle, Z. Mekhalif; Electrochemical investigation of Nitinol/tantalum hybrid surfaces modified by alkylphosphonic self-assembled monolayers, Electrochim. Acta 116 (2014) 78.
- A. Maho, S. Linden, C. Arnould, S. Detriche, J. Delhalle, Z. Mekhalif; Tantalum oxide/carbon nanotubes composite coatings on titanium, and their functionalization with organophosphonic molecular films: a high quality scaffold for hydroxyapatite growth; J. Colloid Interface Sci. 371 (2012) 150.
- A. Maho, J. Denayer, J. Delhalle, Z. Mekhalif; Electro-assisted assembly of aliphatic thiol, dithiol and dithiocarboxylic acid monolayers on copper; Electrochim. Acta 56 (2011) 3954.
Distinctions, awards and fellowships
– March 2022: “Honorary Research Fellow” in the Department of Materials, Faculty of Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
– Oct 2019 – Sep 2021: “Wallonie-Bruxelles International WBI.World” Fellowship, to work at Imperial College London, UK
– Mar 2019: « Seal of Excellence” Award, delivered by the European Commission in relation to project proposal # 840284 “SIFIPLASMON” (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018 call; score: 90.6/100)
– Jan 2017: “Fondation de Bay” Award, for outstanding work on glass-related materials with the publication “Comparison of Indium Tin Oxide and Indium Tungsten Oxide as Transparent Conductive Substrates for WO3-Based Electrochromic Devices” published in the Journal of Electrochemical Society, 164 (2017) H25.
– Oct 2015 – Sep 2018: FRS-FNRS “Chargé de Recherches” Postdoctoral Fellowship, to work at University of Liège, Belgium
– Oct 2010 – May 2014: FRS-FNRS-FRIA Doctoral Fellowship, to work at University of Namur, Belgium.
– June 2010: “Société Royale de Chimie” Award, for Best Master Thesis in Chemistry by University of Namur